IRCTC is the official platform of Indian Railways. You can do all the tasks regarding railways like booking/cancellation of tickets, booking of Tatkal tickets, check the live running status of trains as well as stations etc from IRCTC’s official website. Indian railway has also made their own official IRCTC Mobile App for Android named IRCTC Rail Connect.
This app is extremely easy to use. If you already have an account on the IRCTC website then log into this app using that account. If you do not have an account yet then register your new account.
Note: The mobile number used to register your account will never be allowed to change. So use the permanent mobile number. It will be required in case you forget your password.
1. You will get on this page. Select your station from which you will be boarding the train and the destination. Also, put in the date of journey. Then search trains that are available on this route.
2. The number of trains that are available on your route and on the desired date will appear. Click on the train that is best for you and the classes of seats will appear.
3. On clicking the class in which you want to travel, your fare would be displayed. Along with that, seat availability will also be displayed with “Book Now” button. Click this button which will take you to the following page.
4. Here, you can fill in the passenger details and preferences. The final amount will be displayed. Enter the mobile number on which you want to have the details of the online tickets. Then click on “Book Ticket” which will take you to the payment section.
The important thing to note is that once you get into the payment process, never hit the back button or refresh button or this will cost you extra money.
5. Once you have done the payment of tickets, you will get an SMS on your smartphone with all the details. The IRCTC Mobile App will also show you your ticket bookings and will alert you of your upcoming journey.
6. Other than booking tickets, you can also cancel them, view old bookings, check PNR status and many more things on this same IRCTC Mobile App. So it is a one stop solution for your all Indian Railway regarding tasks.