Indian Railways is the cheapest means of transport across the country. Therefore, it is only natural that majority of the people use railways to travel from one place to another. Railway network is also 4th largest in the world that helps get people from any corner of the nation to any other place they want to go. With so many people traveling daily, you need to get a confirmed ticket. You can book a ticket online from IRCTC website or their own Mobile App or you can wait in long queues at booking counters.
Online booking seems a more plausible option. Also, you can now book 2 tickets in a single day and up to 6 tickets in a month from one account of IRCTC. There are many third-party websites and apps that let you book tickets but they ultimately go through IRCTC. Therefore, why not book through IRCTC’s platform directly.
- Internet connection.
- IRCTC account.
- Debit card/Net Banking facility.
Booking A Train Ticket Using IRCTC Rail Connect Mobile app?
- Download the IRCTC Rail Connect App from the Play Store.
- Open the app and log into it using your IRCTC account.
- It will ask for a 4-digit pin. Set your pin and remember it always.
- After that, select your source and destination station along with the Date Of Journey.
- All the trains that run on that route and are available on that day will be listed.
- Select the train and it will then show you the seat availability of that train.
- Click “Book Now” to book a ticket.
- You then have to add passengers, Enter their Name, Age and Gender and click “Done”.
- Then click “Book Ticket” to confirm the booking.
- The app will then direct you to the payment getaway. Select the method through which you want to pay and complete the transaction.
- After successful transaction, your tickets will be booked and a message will be displayed showing all the details of the ticket.
Booking A Train Ticket Online Through IRCTC Website
This is very easy. You just need to have an account on IRCTC and have the facility of online payment. Also, if you want to book a Tatkal Ticket then read my thorough guide How To Book A Tatkal Ticket On IRCTC?
- Go to IRCTC Website.
- Log into your account by filling up your Username And Password, or you can create a new account if you don’t have one by clicking on “Sign Up” that is just below.
- After logging in, you will be taken to “Plan My Travel” page.
- Enter the source and destination station that you want to travel and select the Date Of Journey.
- Select ticket type as “E-ticket”.
- Select a Quota from the available 3 option that are General (normal reservation), Tatkal And Ladies.
- Click on Find Trains and then the list of trains along your route and available on that date will be displayed.
- Now select the Class of the train that you want to travel in.
- It will then display the available seats for that Class.
- Click on “Book Now” and it will take you to the ticket reservation form.
- Enter the details of every passenger that will be traveling. You can add up to 6 passengers at a single time.
- Enter the mobile number on which you wish to receive the message regarding the ticket details.
- This message is valid during your journey and you can show this to the TC. You don’t have to take a print.
- Fill the Captcha and click on “Go”.
- It will then take you to the Payment section.
- Click on the “Make Payment” button.
- Select the type of transaction and your bank.
- It will take you to the payment gateway system. Fill in your details as required and click on “Make Payment” to complete the transaction.
- DO NOT refresh or hit the back button when you are doing the payment or it may cause you to lose money.
- Once the transaction is successful, your tickets will be booked and an SMS will be sent to the mobile number which will show all the details of the ticket you just booked.
This is how easily you can book a ticket online using any of the above methods. You can also Book a Ticket via SMS. Check our article How To Book A Train Ticket By SMS?
If you still have any doubts or have anything to add then please leave a comment below.