Indian Railways have finally launched the IRCTC E-Wallet service. Users can deposit money into their E-Wallet in advance. This money can be used to book a train ticket later. The benefits of this new service have been listed below. But first, let’s start with how you can create your own IRCTC e-wallet.
How To Create An IRCTC E-wallet
IRCTC’s E-wallet is not your average mobile wallet. It has certain requirements and limitations that you must know before creating one. So read this carefully.
Requirements For IRCTC E-wallet Registration
- IRCTC Account. (Log into IRCTC website to create an Account).
- PAN Card.
- Debit Card/Net Banking.
- One Time Registration Fee of Rs 250.
Limitations Of IRCTC E-Wallet
The Limitations of this E-wallet are:
- You will not be able to use the e-wallet to book a Tatkal Ticket.
- You cannot use this service to book a train ticket between 8 AM to 12 PM booking hours.
Steps To Create Your Own IRCTC E-wallet
1] Go to the IRCTC website and log into your own account.
2] There is a link for E-wallet registration on “Plan My Travel” page.
3] Click on this link to start the registration process of your IRCTC E-wallet.
4] Now your PAN details will be required and verified.
5] Enter your PAN Card Number And Name and click on “Verify”.
6] You will then have to setup your Transaction Password.
7] Setup your password, you will need that for all your future transactions, and select your payment option and pay the Rs 250 registration fee.
Deposit Money to Your IRCTC E-wallet
- Go to IRCTC website and log into your account.
- Click on the “E-wallet Deposit” on the left side of the navigation bar.
- Now enter the amount that you want to deposit into your E-wallet (Min Rs 100 and Max Rs 10000).
- Select your payment option and do the transaction.
- The money is now added to your IRCTC E-wallet.
Using The IRCTC E-wallet To Book An E-Ticket
Go through the online ticket booking process as you normally do. When you get to the payment options, just select the E-wallet and then simply enter your transaction password to confirm the payment.
This is how easy it is to book a ticket via IRCTC E-wallet. Main advantages here are that it is very fast and there are extremely low chances of transactional failure as there is no payment getaway system and you aren’t, therefore, directed to some other page. You stay on the same page and booking is done in a single click. Also, the transactional charges are Rs 5 per booking. This is quite less compared to conventional Debit/Net banking charges.